I thought a creative thing to do would be to make a list of 100 things to do. Then, as I saw the date, I realized there might actually only be 100 days left in 2022. I was exactly right! There must be a game show out there where my guessing is perfect. Maybe it’s called Jeopardy? with a question mark.
September 22 is the 265th day of the year.
365 – 265 = 100
Fortunately, I’m not as behind on things as I may have thought. I could actually only come up with 50 things I need to do by the end of the year.
The list doesn’t include every day or usual tasks like the dishes or bathing my body. This list of chores, desires, and goals is so unusual it would never be the subject of a Tom Jones song.
There is no excuse now, is there? Accomplishing 50 things in 100 days should be easy.
1) Hire a chimney sweep to clean our chimney and maybe sing us a song
2) Renew my passport so I can escape–just in case
3) Call the heating company to prepare for winter so we don’t freeze to death
4) Take out the air conditioners from the windows so we don’t freeze to death
5) Learn how to use Da Vinci Resolve for video editing to make myself more useful
6) Create everything I need for my true crime-style website/YouTube channel in order to give myself even more things for future to-do lists
7) Contact a handyman about the broken deck only to find a temporary solution because I don’t want to pay the price
8) Reorganize the basement to make it less cluttered and attractive to spirits
9) Maybe reorganize the attic if reorganizing the basement doesn’t break my spirit
10) Plan my next vacation and what I’ll actually do with some time off
11) Complete a mandatory training for work because I need money
12) Hit my monthly writing quotas at all of the places I write
13) Figure out a useful way to use Two Bees in a Blog
14) Start actually writing some content for my true crime-style website to give myself an idea of what to talk about in the videos I make
15) Write a few scripts for Practically Humans videos to give Jenny and I an idea of what to talk about in the videos we make
16) Maybe see a doctor if time permits
17) Reorganize the kitchen the way I’ve been planning for months which involves throwing out expired foods and stocking up in case of an emergency
18) Decide what I’ll tweet from the Practically Humans Twitter page to make it more than another password to remember
19) Get rid of the ugly colored old paint in the basement
20) Sell a few things I don’t need anymore then be boring and invest the profits
21) Help Jenny get back on a better sleeping schedule
22) Go Christmas shopping
23) Plan how I’ll use the rest of my time off because last year I ended up taking unnecessary days off with nothing much to do with them
24) Start thinking about next year’s expenses and any big projects we may want to complete
25) Empty out my bedroom closet a little more and maybe add a shelf in there
26) Diet better or at least diet
27) Fully prepare for winter in every which way because I clearly don’t want to freeze to death
28) Comment on more blog posts and YouTube videos where people are sharing useful information
29) Strategize my creative endeavors more and how to make the most use of my time
30) Make an appointment with a notary because I have something they need to witness me signing
31) Learn how to use Storyblocks because right now I don’t have any idea
32) Rodent proof certain areas of the home better because we don’t need Mickey moving in
33) Clear the yard of leaves and sticks to make October and November a tiring month
34) Add Facebook Messenger back on my phone since it’s the primary way I have contact with my father
35) Clean out the not-so-messy car and maybe vacuum a little too
36) Finish maxing out my ROTH IRA for the year and hope the stock market doesn’t tank the next day
37) Make macaroni and cheese because it expires in November
38) Gain a respectable number of Twitter followers for Practically Humans
39) Gain a respectable number of YouTube subscribers for Practically Humans
40) Reach my financial earning goals at the primary places I write for income
41) Fit yoga into my schedule more regularly or at all
42) Make any money at affiliate marketing because in all of my attempts I never have stuck with it long enough
43) Create more backlinks for Practically Humans since this is apparently important
44) Take advantage of the fall weather by going outside more
45) Find a better place to keep our paper towels and toilet paper than in the hamper
46) Get an oil change for the car to prevent us from having to buy a new one anytime soon
47) Fill the carpenter bee holes in our wood fence only so the bees can come back next spring and create new ones
48) Move the wood on the side of the house somewhere else because it does nobody any good just sitting there
49) Clean up my home and work desktops of files nobody needs anymore
50) Learn the ratio of water to bleach or whatever the liquid we spray on the toilet brush is
I’m honestly surprised more of these don’t involve a toilet.
We’ve all got 100 days until the New Year (except for the Chinese). What’s on your to-do/want to/oughta list?